Quick and Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: approx. 8 min
- 24 oz. Potato Inspirations™ potatoes (Recipe favorite: Enchanted Rose)
- 4 small (2 lbs.) bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tsp. Herbs de Provence (or combination of dried thyme, fennel, basil and savory)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ c. flour
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¾ c. frozen, thawed pearl onions
- 1 c. small baby carrots
- ¾ c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. small baby bella or white mushrooms
- Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
Combine the Herbs de Provence, garlic salt and pepper on a dinner plate. Spoon flour onto second dinner plate. Coat each chicken breast in the herb mixture, then dredge well in flour.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side). Cook chicken in two batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan.
Place chicken in a large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients, except fresh thyme. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving, if desired.