Honey Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 300 min
- 2 c. Potato Inspirations™ potatoes (Recipe favorite: Enchanted Rose)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil
- ¼ c. honey*
- ¼ c. chicken stock
- 2 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 2 tsp. dried thyme, divided
- ¼ c. chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the garlic. Stir until garlic is softened, about 1-2 minutes. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken thighs. Add to sauté pan and brown each side, about 3-5 minutes.
In bottom of slow cooker, add potatoes and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves. Place the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of thyme. Drizzle the thighs with honey and top with lemon slices. Combine the chicken stock and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Pour over the lemon slices. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Garnish with Italian parsley, if desired.
Spraying measuring cup with cooking spray before adding honey will help the honey come right out of the measuring cup.