Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: approx. 15 min
- 24 oz. Potato Inspirations™ potatoes (Recipe favorite: American Medley)
- ¾-inch onion chunks
- Small sweet peppers, cut into ¾-inch rings
- 6-8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Steak seasoning
- Fresh minced parsley
- Ranch or honey mustard, optional for dipping
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Boil water then add potatoes and parboil for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse potatoes in cold water. Slice onions and peppers into ¾ inch pieces.
Grill bacon for 3-4 minutes or until slightly cooked.
Skewer potatoes, peppers, onion; weaving bacon between each vegetable on metal skewers. Brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Grill, turning often, for about 4-5 minutes or until peppers and onion are tender and lightly charred. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with ranch or honey mustard for dipping.
- Precooking the bacon assures that the bacon will be cooked thoroughly.
- Precooking the potatoes makes it easier to skewer and assures that the potatoes will be cooked through.
- Omit the additional vegetables and skewer red, white and blue potatoes with bacon for a delicious side to your tailgate!