Fall Harvest Pork and Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: approx. 25 min
- 24 oz. Potato Inspirations™ potatoes (Recipe favorite: Honey Gold)
- 4 center cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 small head red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 c.)
- 3 medium apples, cored and chopped
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. mustard seeds or ¼ c. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds or dry mustard and cloves until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
In a roasting pan (with sides), combine potatoes, sliced cabbage, apples and half of the sauce. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste. Add oil to large skillet and sear for about 3-4 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Remove roasting pan from oven, add seared pork chops and remaining sauce and return to oven for 10-15 minutes, until pork chops are cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender.